This one isn’t so much about me – more, my youngest son, and his recent triumphs.

 

That is not to say that my other children have underachieved. Quite the opposite. They have provided me with (and continue to do so) very many sources of pride.

 

Given that the following events are very recent though, in this post, the spotlight falls on their younger brother...

 

First, his A level results:

 

Perhaps needless to say, he didn’t achieve an A grade.

 

He got three of them, and has secured a place at Cambridge, to read English.

 

In the past, I’ve told him that, rather than striving for academic excellence, it is better to be a star footballer and fearsome fighter. As you can tell, he didn’t heed this advice!

 

Jokes apart, I am immensely pleased for him.

 

And, if that isn’t enough...

 

Last month, the theatre company, that he founded



presented a play at Edinburgh Fringe

 

I understand that acceptance by the festival is, something of an honour.

 

But: 

 

Not only did he act therein, but he also wrote and directed it.

 

So, I guess that brings us up to honour x 2!

 

And there’s even more...

 

The play received a positive write-up in the Guardian.

 

Here’s a link:

 

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/2023/aug/16/edinburgh-fringe-theatre-vexed-relationship-with-critics

 

This was completely unexpected and unsolicited (which bearing in mind the subject matter of the play (see link), sounds rather unlikely!)

 

The piece wasn’t a conventional review.  It focused (with praise), on the play’s subject matter, and (with examples) the manner of its delivery.

 

It also gave his name and described him as writer and director.  Accordingly, he was the true source of its positivity!

 

I think we can, safely say, that we have, now reached honour x 3!

 

And here ends this post. Probably the briefest, I have ever written!

 

Well, this might be short, but given its contents, I am sure that this not a characteristic that will be shared with my son’s future career.  I have no doubts, that it will be long, and very successful!

 

 

 

 


Popular posts from this blog